- “Krokodil” eats your flesh.
- There is a prescription opiate epidemic.
- Synthetic cannabinoids are like cannabis.
- Marijuana is not addictive and has no physical withdrawal.
- Heroin is physically harmful and the withdrawal is deadly.
- “Molly” is safe pure MDMA.
- “Bath Salts” cause cannibalism and can make you a zombie.
- Alcohol and Nicotine are safe because they are legal.
- Crack babies and Heroin babies are a national crisis.
- Meth makes you psychotic and rots your teeth out.
All of these popular drug myths have been pitched and pressed by the media, drug policymakers, users, or reformers alike. The fog of the drug war is thick and all sides push their agendas with a variety of propaganda. Drug education advocate Seth Fitzgerald along with addiction therapist and host Glen Marshall dispel each one and provide the facts behind the headlines so you can make better choices for yourself and your community.
The Addictive Podcast was created to save lives by providing scientifically based information in this pursuit. A special focus and rant is paid to the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) who I believe failed their membership, misrepresented addiction, ignored best practices, and passively stood by while national policy dictated patient care that led to the deaths of 40,000+ Americans in 2014.
Resources and Further Reading: